Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] ArikuStory / Arkarium.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello.

I'd like to release a website I originally started working on for ArikuStory, but the development stopped. I was going to sell this website, but reconsidered and wish to release it now. I suppose the other reason that I'm releasing this is because it's no fun creating something when it's not being used.

A live demo is accessible via: it should save those who just want to have a look a little bit of time.

Hexicidal - [Release] ArikuStory / Arkarium. - RaGEZONE Forums

In order to make this website function correctly you will need to change the config.php in the assets folder. If you'd like to make the News and Announcements work (which will only work for vBulletin) you will need to go into the vBulletin folder by accessing the assets folder. After that edit the config.php file.

In order to make this fully work you will need edit home.php which can be found in the pages folder. You will need to change: http://www.atherionstory.com/ArikuMS/pages/character/?name=".$player['name']."' to your websites url.

I didn't include the PHP for the automated donations, because it was made by Diamando. I'm not sure if he's still selling it but if he is and you bought it, I'm willing to help you include it into this website.

I know that not everyone is going to like the style of the website, which I respect therefore I'd like for you not to bash or flame.

I also know that this design looks somewhat familiar to AthionStory's website, which is true. I've always liked their design, I re-used the buttons, input forms and notices.

The settings option in the user panel (which can be accessed by clicking on settings and loggin in isn't coded in this revision. I might include it later, or I might not.

I'd appreciate it if the copyright towards Mario and myself is left intact.

Download:

Password: arkarium.com/forum

Best Regards,
Hexicidal.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That navigation text looks awfully familiar to the one from the Moongra Black Design.

Also, the demo link is not working.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Decent, but definitely a step backward from Ian's version of Athion's website (code wise).

I'm not too sure if what you're saying is correct, I messaged Ian and he said he wasn't the one that coded this website. But of course it's not as good as Ian's coding. What'd you expect?

Could you please include the PSD in it so we can edit titles and other things too?

I'm sorry, I'm not going to include a .PSD.

That navigation text looks awfully familiar to the one from the Moongra Black Design.

Also, the demo link is not working.

It is for me, just refresh it one or two times.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a few points I noticed on my end
  • The demo only seems to work in google chrome for me (in IE10-7 + firefox it looks horible)
  • The html doesnt validate as valid html5 under w3c markup
  • You use the "center" tag while also using html5 elements, "center" is not suported on html 5 (how hard is it to put your margins correctly?)
  • Having the site open actually eats 5% cpu (due to the javascript animations been spammed?)
  • css after script in the head, javascript in the head and also outside the head
  • 60% of the css on page is not in use
  • No caching set for most items

Actually I think I can get up to 20 more issues, but those are less important, and 20 more if I include my personal opinion

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
  • The demo only seems to work in google chrome for me (in IE10-7 + firefox it looks horible)
  • You use the "center" tag while also using html5 elements, "center" is not suported on html 5 (how hard is it to put your margins correctly?)
  • Having the site open actually eats 5% cpu (due to the javascript animations been spammed?)
  • css after script in the head, javascript in the head and also outside the head

Actually I think I can get up to 20 more issues, but those are less important, and 20 more if I include my personal opinion

Thank you, might work on the issues you pointed out in the near future.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yup, it's really bad on IE10-7

S.S

Also this issue

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yup, it's really bad on IE10-7

S.S

Also this issue
udXnsp6 - [Release] ArikuStory / Arkarium. - RaGEZONE Forums

Just change:

PHP:
 '@'Media all and (min-height: 940px){
#footer_contain { position: fixed; bottom: 0; width: 100%;}
  }
}
  '@'Media all and (max-height: 939px){
#footer_contain { bottom: 0; width: 100%;}
  }
}

to:

PHP:
     '@'Media all and (min-height: 960px){
#footer_contain { position: fixed; bottom: 0; width: 100%;}
  }
}
     '@'Media all and (max-height: 959px){
#footer_contain { bottom: 0; width: 100%;}
  }
}

To fix the last issue.
Remove the '' infront and after @

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
topkek

>inb4 >using ie

Reaction score

- I just wanted to point out here that criticizing the fact that he used "invalid html" or deprecated HTML tags is a stupid argument. It doesn't really matter in real world websites. It's totally fine to make your websites HTML5 valid - I do, but there's no reason to be saying that a website is "lesser than" just because it doesn't pass a validation test.
- Also, even if the CSS is not used, it's not that great big of a deal. Hexicidal chose to use Skeleton for his framework (which is what I assume you're referring to by unused CSS). The whole point of frameworks is that it's a "catch-all" solution. It has everything you could possibly need, but obviously not every website is going to use it. How could he improve performance and keep the framework intact? By minifying the CSS. Again, not a solid argument.
- What proof do you have that the javascript animations are using "5%" of your CPU (which varies by CPU, browser, etc.)? How do you know that it's the javascript that's causing this? Since tabs in Chrome get their own CPU process (which means that they will use some amount of CPU power), I don't see how you can list this in your already weak list of flaws.
- Lastly, many people use Cloudflare, which allows users to control how long cache is set for.

To recap, all your "points" are useless or just for semantics. Most of these issues can be fixed within 30 seconds, and so they are insignificant at best.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
- I just wanted to point out here that criticizing the fact that he used "invalid html" or deprecated HTML tags is a stupid argument. It doesn't really matter in real world websites. It's totally fine to make your websites HTML5 valid - I do, but there's no reason to be saying that a website is "lesser than" just because it doesn't pass a validation test.
- Also, even if the CSS is not used, it's not that great big of a deal. Hexicidal chose to use Skeleton for his framework (which is what I assume you're referring to by unused CSS). The whole point of frameworks is that it's a "catch-all" solution. It has everything you could possibly need, but obviously not every website is going to use it. How could he improve performance and keep the framework intact? By minifying the CSS. Again, not a solid argument.
- What proof do you have that the javascript animations are using "5%" of your CPU (which varies by CPU, browser, etc.)? How do you know that it's the javascript that's causing this? Since tabs in Chrome get their own CPU process (which means that they will use some amount of CPU power), I don't see how you can list this in your already weak list of flaws.
- Lastly, many people use Cloudflare, which allows users to control how long cache is set for.

To recap, all your "points" are useless or just for semantics. Most of these issues can be fixed within 30 seconds, and so they are insignificant at best.

I dont remember "criticizing" anyone here, all the points I stated are ment as "work todo" items, I hope OP understood that while you did not.
Anyways, appearently I used the wrong words for my post as you appearently misunderstood my point.
And also for the point about the cpu usage, I did not rly feel like posting my PageSpeed/Audit/Profiling results as they contain to much irrelevant information (btw, it uses 25% of the cpu assigned by chrome)

@Most of these issues can be fixed within 30 seconds
Just the more reason to fix them, right?

p.s.
@real world websites
I hope you are not serious about that, if it is, I'll laugh even harder
sidenote: if you have anything to complain about me/my posts, then please refrain from going offtopic and just pm me or leave a message

Back