During a company investor call yesterday, it has been announced that Kakao Games is now a subsidiary of the larger Kakao group. This ensures better integrated services for both games development and business acumen. In addition, Kakao’s joint CEOs announced that over “550M cumulative players” have registered and played titles from the company portfolio as of September 2017.
Other information from the earnings call include:
- Kakao Games has exceeded 10M DAU, the ‘vision’ is to grow to 30M DAU
- Over 5 years, 1,100 games have launched in partnership with nearly 600 developers
- the company will be focused on “its platform and publishing know-how” across all platforms including VR/AR thanks the addition of Kakao VX
- new proprietary software packages (Gamebyul and Starplay) will allow mobile games to be played on PC
- PUBG is scheduled to be released this month and is expected to be very popular in Korea
- Super Nova Eleven and Kakao VX will be focusing on VR/AR/AI elements and work to enter the esports market
- more games are set to be released in NA/EU/JP
For more information, please click here.