With the Tomb of Sargeras raid present in the live game, a new test version has arrived on the World of Warcraft PTR. Players will get a first look at the upcoming v7.3 content that will see the fight taken to the home world of the Burning Legion, Argus. According to a new developer post, players will see the first few chapters from 7.3 as well as improved casting animations for Resto Druids, Elemental / Resto Shamans, Disc / Holy Priests and all three Mage specs.
Most (but not all) of the new stuff in 7.3 takes place on Argus—and as you might expect, this is hostile territory. Demons patrol every crag of Argus’s shattered surface, and sometimes it seems as if the planet itself is out to get you. This will be a very story-driven update, but we’re also designing areas with sandbox elements intended to be enjoyed even after you complete the main quest, with gameplay and challenges on the planet’s surface reminiscent of past endgame areas such as the Molten Front, the Isle of Thunder, and the Timeless Isle.
Other content included in this first update to the PTR:
- Further chapters of the Argus storyline, including many cinematic story moments
- New World Quests
- Professions updates, including epic gems
- The Netherlight Crucible, which allows you to upgrade your Artifact to unlock a new way to customize your Relics
- New dungeon: Seat of the Triumvirate
- New raid: Antorus, the Burning Throne (though as with other Legion raids, it won’t be released immediately with 7.3)
- Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds
- Several other improvements and updates to existing features
For more information, please click here.