The Skyrim Special Edition is said to be released on the 28th of October, nearly to the day of its fifth anniversary. The Special Edition is something to experience all over since it has more new content.. Console mod support, remastered visuals and art, “volumetric” lighting has been added, a new depth of field, snow and water shaders and much more have been included as well.
Those who own Skyrim, including all three DLCs, or those who own the Skyrim Legendary Edition will receive the Special Edition as a free upgrade at the following times / dates for PC, XBox One and PlayStation 4:
- 5pm Pacific Time (October 27)
- 8pm Eastern Time (October 27)
- 1am British Summer Time (October 28)
- 2am Central European Summer Time (October 28)
- 11am Australian Eastern Time Zone (October 28)
- 1pm New Zealand Time (October 28th)
- 2pm Japan (October 28th)
Xbox One & PlayStation 4:
- Xbox One – Pre-loading for Skyrim has already begun.
- PlayStation 4 (North America) – Preloading is anticipated to begin midnight ET on October 26th
- PlayStation 4 (Europe) – Preloading is anticipated to begin at midnight local time on October 26th
- Steam – Skyrim Special Edition will unlock for players to download at the global release times mentioned above. The game is available for pre-order in stores and digitally for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam. As a bonus, Steam users that already own the game and all of the Skyrim DLC will be able to get Skyrim Special Edition for free. Visit Steam for more details.
- Kemper Profiles – The best Kemper profiles for your KPA – metal rock and more.
For more information, please click here.