RuneScape has stepped up its game with the launch of the NXT visual engine and game client.Runescape developers have been working on NXT for the past couple of years and it recently completed its beta phase of development.
- Massively extended draw distance, up to four times compared to Java client
- Fully dynamic lighting and shadow casting over RuneScape’s vast world
- Real-time reflection, refraction and ambient occlusion in all environments
- Atmospherics augmented with physically correct light scattering
- Improved performance across an even broader set of PCs from across the past 12 years
- Built-in support for DirectX12, meaning better future proofing
- Support for wide range of operating systems, including Windows XP to Windows 10, OSX 10.7+, and Ubuntu 14.04+
For more information, please click here.