The Steam controller is finally ready for pre-order. Valve posted the reveal video today on their official YouTube channel, check it out below to see what you think!
The controller boasts the best of both worlds, from pc gaming with the precision of the keyboard + mouse, and the comfort of console gaming from your couch. As a long term PC gamer it will take some convincing that you can really have the control they are claiming, but I’m excited to see how it fares. The high precision input is really going to be key in converting mouse gamers to the controller.
As you would expect the controller is customisable, you can setup your inputs just how you like it, and you will even be able to download and share your own settings from Steam games.
- Dual trackpads
- HD haptics
- Analog stick
- Dual-stage triggers, each with 10° of travel, a magnetic flux sensor, and a tactile switch
- Gyroscope and accelerometer sensors enabling tilt-to-steer racing wheel functionality and other motion-controlled input
- Configurable controls
- Local multiplayer capability, as supported by games
- Wired or wireless (dual mode)
- USB 2.0 via Micro USB port (cable not included)
- Estimated 5 meters of wireless communications range. Actual results may vary.
- Provides up to 80 hours of standard game play using the included AA batteries during preliminary testing. Battery life will vary based on usage and other factors, such as type of batteries used. Actual results may vary.