SOE have been working out ways to support multiple server rule sets. They’ve posted suggestions up on the official H1Z1 reddit:
- Hardcore rule set. Wipes all ownership and recipes upon death.
- PvP v. PvE
- Military Weapons toggle
- Guns Toggle (melee / bows only server)
- RP Server (VOIP attracts zombies and other tidbits).
- World chat v. Area Chat
- Hardcore ruleset 2. Starvation! (Food / Water consumption much higher).
- Hardcore ruleset 3. Zombies / wolves deadlier / faster / hardier.
- Base destructibility (easy, hard, not at all)
We’d then be able to support server sets such as:
Oblivion [RP][No MilitaryWeapons][Starvation] Goodliving [PvE][No Guns][Hardcore Death]
One thing that’s missing from the list and currently the most popular reddit comment is the option to turn 3rd person on and off. I think this is pretty important too because it will greatly change the feel of the game and how you must play.