Sony Online Entertainment has announced the release date of the heavily anticipated MMOFPS PlanetSide 2. November 20th is release day and with little under a month to go I personally can’t wait to get playing this as a live product. It will be free to play with premium options available.
“I believe it heralds the next phase and future of the gaming industry” said John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment.
PlanetSide has always been well known for it’s unrelenting action gameplay and large-scale mixed infantry, air, and ground vehicle combat. The sequel should be no different in this regard; a massive online shooter with huge, player-driven combat warfare on thousand player battlefields.
Sign up for the reamining beta at the official site: www.planetside2.com
Here are some interesting stats from the external beta testing so far;
- 83.8 billion points of damage done to players
- 2.87 billion projectiles fired
- 32 million infantry kills
- 7.3 million vehicles destroyed
- 1.4 million facilities captured
- 16.7 million rockets launched
- 4.3 million grenades thrown
- Empire allegiance breakdown (by playtime):
- New Conglomerate: 35.6%
- Terran Republic: 32.8%
- Vanu Sovereignty: 31.6%