Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Change client resolution for IGCN x6(v1.78.85)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I'll start off by letting you know that I am in the super early stages of Mu Online development.

I've chosen to start with IGCN Season 6 server. So far, I've managed to set up the server locally and have found my way around editing the game basics(e.g. NPCs, announcements, events, mobs). Right now I am a bit stuck with changing the client resolution - the game files already have '.reg' scripts for this but they did not go past 1600x1280 resolution. Actually, the game client seems to be capped at something like 1280x1024 for me and I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem?
I've tried making new Registry scripts for 1920x1080 resolution as such:

1)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Webzen\Mu\Config]
"Resolution"=dword:0000000A

2)
"ScreenHeight"=dword:00000438
"ScreenWidth"=dword:00000780

..but unfortunately none of them worked. I also tried with scripts from other private servers but no luck. Note, at the same time when my local server client resolution changes don't work, they do work on other Mu clients.

It is my intention to automate this within a launcher in the future but right now, for learning purposes I would like to understand what is behind this problem.

I would appreciate any help, tips or even solutions.

Thank you!

Edit: I've noticed that the changes in IGCN x6 are very limited - at least the previously prepared files(all the XML files where I only need to change a few values in order to edit something in-game) and I've been wondering how everyone else are building their servers?
I want to add a lot of functionality to the server. For instance, many of you have seen this in private servers where you can open a panel of all invasions and events(usually with 'H' key). How are you supposed to do add this in IGCN? I know it's a very general question but at the moment it is not clear to me how I can make general changes that are not already included in the game files?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I'll start off by letting you know that I am in the super early stages of Mu Online development.

I've chosen to start with IGCN Season 6 server. So far, I've managed to set up the server locally and have found my way around editing the game basics(e.g. NPCs, announcements, events, mobs). Right now I am a bit stuck with changing the client resolution - the game files already have '.reg' scripts for this but they did not go past 1600x1280 resolution. Actually, the game client seems to be capped at something like 1280x1024 for me and I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem?
I've tried making new Registry scripts for 1920x1080 resolution as such:

1)
"Resolution"=dword:0000000A

2)
"ScreenHeight"=dword:00000438
"ScreenWidth"=dword:00000780

..but unfortunately none of them worked. I also tried with scripts from other private servers but no luck. Note, at the same time when my local server client resolution changes don't work, they do work on other Mu clients.

It is my intention to automate this within a launcher in the future but right now, for learning purposes I would like to understand what is behind this problem.

I would appreciate any help, tips or even solutions.

Thank you!

Edit: I've noticed that the changes in IGCN x6 are very limited - at least the previously prepared files(all the XML files where I only need to change a few values in order to edit something in-game) and I've been wondering how everyone else are building their servers?
I want to add a lot of functionality to the server. For instance, many of you have seen this in private servers where you can open a panel of all invasions and events(usually with 'H' key). How are you supposed to do add this in IGCN? I know it's a very general question but at the moment it is not clear to me how I can make general changes that are not already included in the game files?
you will need to work with the IGCN file sources which u can find in mu releases section and learn how to add custom features, meaning u better check other files with sources season 6 how they add customs and do it similarly, muemu sources season 6 or zteam for example, but its all coding knowledge, only those who know will know and those who want to know will have to learn.

try to use some mu launchers from different clients and try different resolutions or see if there is some size,resolution configs in client folder to adjust

Upvote 1
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately, after several days and countless attempts, I was unable to fix the resolution problem. Right now, all of the smaller resolutions work properly but at 1600x1280 there is a problem with the in-game font(all text becomes tiny and unreadable). Any resolutions past 1600x1280 just revert the client back to something like 800x600.
I've found out that people have been creating threads in IGCN forum about the same problem but I'm unable to access those "answers and fixes" because of a paywall. I hope that eventually someone who has fixed this in past will see this thread - I would really appreciate any help.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Unfortunately, after several days and countless attempts, I was unable to fix the resolution problem. Right now, all of the smaller resolutions work properly but at 1600x1280 there is a problem with the in-game font(all text becomes tiny and unreadable). Any resolutions past 1600x1280 just revert the client back to something like 800x600.
I've found out that people have been creating threads in IGCN forum about the same problem but I'm unable to access those "answers and fixes" because of a paywall. I hope that eventually someone who has fixed this in past will see this thread - I would really appreciate any help.
the problem is that even those fixes are not 100% fixes cuz for everyone is different..
some1 said do this:
Client Folder -> LauncherOption.inf and change the DevModeIndex

//DevModeIndex:
//0: 800x600 (4:3)
//1: 1024x768 (4:3)
//2: 1152x864 (4:3)
//3: 1280x720 (16:9)
//4: 1280x800 (16:9)
//5: 1280x960 (4:3)
//6: 1440x900 (16:10)

this is the resolution and codes to Season 12, u can compare to MuOnline KR.
The formula => LauncerNumberResolution - 1 = DevModeIndex

but u saying u want 1600x1280 and ur not the only who with this issue that is not Fixed yet

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your help! It seems that this problem indeed has not been resolved(at least I could not find any public resources that could help me fix this problem) and I've decided to work with other game files. It seems that IGCN x6 files have only the basic game with no additional features and for further customizations you will need to change the source code. Though, to anyone who is starting in Mu Online development, I can recommend first trying out with IGCN files because KarLi has made really great guides and tutorials for them and it really helped me understand the basics of how game files work.

Upvote 0
Back