We all like to play games, and there are many forms of gaming out there to try and entice us to spend our money. Some use in-game transactions, and others look for up-front payments. One form of gaming that has always been popular both online and off is the online casino games available on sites such as Spinit.com, especially of the slot machine variety.
The reason for this popularity is the fact that they can be so easy to play. They are also flexible enough to allow for a more complicated style of challenge, and of course a better pay-out for the customer looking for their skills to be rewarded. With that in mind, here are some interesting facts about slot machine gaming:
- In Las Vegas, there is said to be at least one slot machine for every eight-people living in the city. You just have to take a look at the casinos to see that this is believable, with the hundreds (if not thousands) of machines on show.
- Although players may have their theories on when the best time to play is, the pay-outs available on slots are not dependant on the time of day, number of people who are playing or the day of the week. We can be sure though that there are still conspiracy theories as to when the best time to play truly is.
- When playing slots, there are in fact two types of system in play. The progressive jackpot is one that continues to grow until a big pay-out is finally won. The other simpler one is the flat top jackpot which has a set pay-out for everybody.
- The first ever slot machine was designed in 1985 by Charles Fey, a car mechanic. This machine would give out pay-outs of fifty cents. It is interesting to see the longevity of the machine that he created, and how far it has come.
- The biggest slot machine in existence was known as ‘Big Bertha’ which came in at two and a half meters. As you would expect the lever to pull this mammoth machine was too big for one man, and in fact powered by a five-horse powered engine. Designed with eight reels and twenty symbols the chances of winning were unfortunately very low, so chances are it wasn’t a popular machine to play.
- The random nature of slot machines is in fact based on random number codes, and this is continually recalculated. This is to make sure that the resulting play is truly random for the player.
Hopefully you’ve found these slot machine facts interesting. I’m sure there are plenty of other pieces of trivia surrounding the popular form of game, especially based on its extensive history both on and offline.